
I feel very overwhelmed as of.. yesterday evening. I was doing just fine in all my classes and even in practice but for some reason when I was sitting at my desk trying to get all this work done, and reading one of the most difficult books i've ever picked up. I started to get stressed, not cause the book was difficult necessarily. More because my corkboard came crashing down on my head, and that initial release of pain triggered all this stress that i've been keeping in.
Yesterday when i was running I was thinking about what travis was saying in chapel and how he was grateful just to play volleyball and I want to have that attitude. To just be grateful that I can run, that I don't have to sit out and just watch. Lord, let me have an attitude of complete humility and thankfulness for all that you've done in me, and all that you allow me to do.
I have so much to do, but I know at least at this point that I'll be able to get it done. It's just a big change.
It's weird to have professors pray before class, and talk about creationism instead of only biology, it's odd. Even though i disagree with a lot of what my history teacher was saying, I still think it's incredible that I'm able to learn at an institution that has Jesus as it's center.
Right now i'm taking two classes that are bible classes, one that's theology, and two that are focused on helping people out of opression. I'm so excited to grow in my relationship with God and to learn more about Him and His people.
Please pray for my stress level, I've never been good at handling stress, as anyone who knows me would know.. haha, so yeah.
Now i'm off to try and conquer the rest of chapter one of pedagogy of the opressed and genesis. :D

1 comment:
You don't handle stress well haha.
But its all good. Just keep a steady pace on what you're doing and I'm sure you'll be able to pull through. You are very smart and very strong willed. I don't really think I've ever seen you quit. So just keep at it and it will all pass and you'll be livin' that oppressed-lover life haha.
and yes i wrote that. :)
Post a Comment