Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My mind was just blown by Jesus!

So... I'm studying for one of my bible classes, and maybe you already knew this, but this was a new revelation to me, and it's crazy awesome! I'm so much more excited for class now.. even though I'm not quite done with my work yet. hahaha

anyways.

In Genesis, God creates everything and then humanity eats a piece of fruit and God makes childbirth more difficult, working the ground harder, and he curses the serpent, which I'd never really paid much heed to until now.

Genesis 3:14-15
So the Lord God said to the serpent, "Because you have done this, "Cursed are you above all the livestock and all the wild animals! You will crawl on your belly and you will eat dust all the days of your life. And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers, he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

So I've read this before, and I guess I didn't really realize the weight of this. I'm reading in a book for bible class, Thank you for awesome people who can write amazing books!

anyways, It is talking about that this is the first biblical promise of the Gospel: "Christ is to be 'the seed of the woman' and will defeat Satan, though at great cost to himself, in the 'wounding' of his 'heel.'"

I never really understood before what he meant when he says, "i will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers, he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel." But Jesus is the womans offspring! and he will crush the serpent (satan!) and that was just an incredible revelation for me that seriously made my day.

That just blew my mind! Jesus right there in Genesis! amazing. so maybe this was not new to you, but seriously.... incredible.

I <3 theology!

1 comment:

asdljfbh said...

amazing!

also after the Angel tells Abraham to leave Isaac alone, Abraham looks over and sees a ram with its horns caught in some brush (thorns). Crown of thorns anyone? God also says that He will provide the sacrifice for us then. That's the same mountain that Jesus was crucified on. Amazing right?