But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power. Avoid such people. For among them are those who creep into households and capture weak women, burdened with sins and led astray by various passions, always learning and never able to arrive at a knowledge of the truth
2 Timothy 3: 1-7
Sometimes people just seem so dumb. I just can't believe how much sin there is in the world. And I'm definitely one of them and I'm not saying I'm any better than them because I certainly am not, but this verse totally just struck me today. And I really want to share God's love with more people, especially people who are my friends. I can't just sit there and pretend it's okay that they aren't christian because it's not. It's scares me a lot to bring up Jesus sometimes and I want more courage to stand up for what I know is right. Lord, please give me wisdom to know what to say and help me show your love through my actions and words to those around me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment